Andy Young is a senior financial services industry executive who uses his core competencies in financial and operational management to develop strategy and deliver change.
He has a track record of building high-performing teams through empowering and developing staff, and has hands-on experience of leading major change projects and managing in high-pressure situations.
A Chartered Accountant by training, Andy was a partner at Deloitte prior to joining Commonwealth Superannuation Corporation (CSC) in 2012 after twenty years providing financial services audit and advisory services in Australia and the UK.
CSC is the trustee of the superannuation schemes for Australian Government employees and Australian Defence Force members, with around $60bn under management and 700,000 members. Andy reports to CSC’s Chief Executive Officer and the Audit Committee of the CSC Board, with responsibility for:
• corporate financial management and reporting
• financial & regulatory reporting for CSC's superannuation schemes and investment & property funds
• strategy development and implementation
• people practices and development
• investment operations, custody, unit pricing and treasury
• corporate, domestic & international fund and member taxation
• managing the internal and external audit relationships
• coordinating reporting to the Audit Committee of the CSC Board of Directors
• procurement, payroll and premises management.
Andy has also led the operational risk, information technology and member services teams during his time with CSC.