Phone or Video Conference Interview
Be punctual. You should prepare in advance to avoid any delays in getting the call underway on time. Consider the interview as if it were a Face-to-Face interview to get yourself in the right mindset.
- Find a quiet room where you will not be disturbed
- Turn call-waiting off so your call is not interrupted
- Make sure your phone is charged (if you are using a mobile) and you are in an area with good reception.
- Have a fresh glass of water nearby.
- Smile: Smiling will project a positive image to the listener and will change the tone of your voice
- Speak slowly and clearly. If in doubt, check the interviewer can hear you clearly
- Keep your resume in clear view, on the top of your desk, so you can answer questions
- If it is a Video Conference, ensure you have a web cam and high internet speed and check your connections are working 10-15 minutes prior to the call taking place.